According to Statistica, in 2017,47 percent of adultsin the United States said that they have seen 'Return of the Jedi,' whereas34 percentsaid that they had watched 'Rogue One: A Star Wars Story,' released in 2016.
So what does this tell us?
It's evident that till this day, Star Wars remains the most popular and widely watched series that will always be unforgettable. People who were fans from the past will always be fans in the present and future. To keep the legacy alive, C Larboard has a Star Wars Collection with vintage collectibles.
Revisiting the whole Star Wars epic series is quite a daunting task, and it’s hard to know where to start. Some would consider rewatching every movie, while others are searching for summaries online.
Here’s our guide to the Star Wars timeline so that you can jog your memory and figure out which movie to watch next.
Episode I: The Phantom Menace
The infamous opening starts with Qui-Gon Jinn and Obi-Wan Kenobi in a dispute between Naboo and the Trade Federation.
They escape with Queen Padmé Amidala and meet the youthful and troublesome Anakin Skywalker and the villain Darth Maul. A droid invasion has resulted in the death of Jinn, but it all turns out to be a betrayal to hand power to Naboo's senator and future Sith tyrant Emperor Palpatine.
- Revealing the existence of the Sith
- Darth Maul dies
- The introduction of Anakin Skywalker, Obi-Wan Kenobi, C-3PO and R2-D2
Episode II: Attack of the Clone
Count Dooku, a former Jedi, tries to lead the Confederacy of Independent Systems out of the Republic. Anakin takes Padmé into protection, but a twist occurs when she falls in love with him. They all travel to the planet Geonosis, where the droids destroy a bunch of Jedi until an army of clones discovered by Obi-Wan shows up for the action.
- Padmé and Anakin fall in love and get married in secrecy
- The cloned army is created
- Tusken Raiders kill Anakin's mother, Shmi
- Palpatine obtain power over the Republic
- The Clone Wars occur between the Separatist planet and the Republic
The Clone Wars movie
The movie focuses on the conflict between Separatist and the Republic. The Jedi is framed for kidnapping Jabba the Hutt's son.
- Darth Vader assigns himself a Padawan
- Introduction of Anakin's clone soldier and Ahsoka Tano
- Introduction of Cody, Rex, and other clone troopers of the 501st Legion
The Clone Wars television series
The series covers Count Dooku's plotting with his assassin Asajj Ventress, the useless and erroneous nature of the Jedi, and the continuing problems with the Separatists.
The Clone Wars emphasizes the Republic and the Separatist conflict as well as the corruption that plagues the Senate and Jedi. The great part about the series is that it turns Anakin into a relatable character that audiences come to like.
- Ahsoka leaves the Jedi
- The return of Darth Maul
- Yoda finds out how to return as a Force ghost
- The introduction of Saw Gerrera
Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
The war occurs three years after the Attack of the Clones. Provoked by the visions of Padmé's death, Anakin becomes evil and eventually kills a fellow Jedi and a bunch of children. After this event, he became dismembered by Obi-Wan.
When Palpatine activates Order 66, which jumpstart the clone troopers' biochips to turn against the Jedi generals, it has almost led to a victory for the Republic. It has destroyed the order of knights, which cause Yoda and Obi-Wan to hide from the danger.
After Padmé gives birth to Luke and Leia, Padmé dies and Anakin becomes Darth Vader.
- Luke and Leia are born in secret
- Introduction of Chewbacca
- Obi-Wan defeats Anakin
- Palpatine activates Order 66
- Destruction of the Jedi Order
- Padmé dies
- Anakin becomes Darth Vader
Solo: A Star Wars Story
In this story, Han Solo meets Chewbacca and Lando Calrissian for the first time. Movie watchers also get to meet his childhood friend Qi'ra and mentor Tobias Beckett.
The film is set before the Rebel Alliance has begun. A villain emerges near the Crimson Dawn crime, which connects the film back to the past trilogy.
- Han starts life as a smuggler
- First appearance of Han Solo
- Han meets Chewbacca and Lando
Rogue One: A Star Wars Story
Felicity Jones's Jyn Erso is recruited by the Rebellion to contact her former mentor and her father, Death Star designer Galen Erso.
Jyn leads a band of Rebels in an attack to steal the Death Star plans, resulting in the destruction of the Rebel Alliance. It ends with the escape of Princess Leia, leading into the next series of A New Hope.
- Destruction of the Rebellion's fleet
- Jyn Erso stole The Death Star plans
- The revelation of the Death Star’s fatal weakness
Episode IV: A New Hope
Luke Skywalker is an ordinary farm boy until he is thrown into a crazy adventure. He meets his mentor Obi-Wan Kenobi as well as Han Solo, and Princess Leia. Later on, he goes into a monstrous battle with Vader.
- Death of Aunt Beru and Uncle Lars
- Luke learns the ways of the Force
- Obi-Wan unites with Darth Vader
- Death of Obi-Wan
- The Rebels destroy the first Death Star
Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back
Luke meets a new mentor named Yoda, while Han and Leia seek refuge with Lando on Cloud City.
- Han and Leia fall in love
- Luke meets Yoda
- Han is frozen in carbonite
- Darth Vader tells Luke a secret that he will never forget
Episode VI: The Return of the Jedi
The series starts with saving Han from Jabba's palace.
The Rebellion entered a battle with the Empire to prevent another Death Star. The Emperor and Darth Vader try to get Luke to join the dark side, but Vader comes to the light instead.
- Darth Vader destroys the Emperor
- Leia kills Jabba the Hutt
- Leia and Luke are revealed as twins
- Destruction of the second Death Star
- The downfall of the Empire
- Death of Darth Vader
This series occurs after the stories of Jango and Boba Fett, but the significant focus is on the introduction of The Child (Baby Yoda) into the Star Wars universe.
- The introduction of The Child (Baby Yoda)
- Introduction of the phrase “This is the way”.
Episode VIII: The Last Jedi
This occurs after the Force Awakens; the Resistance is trying to escape the First Order. Finn, Poe, Vice Admiral Holdo, and Rose devised a plan to save their friends.
Rey discovers that Luke Skywalker is not what she expected. He agrees to teach her but insists that the Jedi Order should end and that he cannot help the Resistance. Rey believes that there is good in Kylo Ren and that he can be saved.
Kylo confronts both his masters and anoints himself the new Supreme Leader.
- The First Order destroys the Resistance
- Luke trains Rey
- Kylo Ren murders Snoke and obtains control of the First Order
- Luke fights with Kylo
- Rey inherits the Jedi legacy
- Luke dies and joins the Force
Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker
The Resistance is torn into pieces, which is the perfect time for Emperor Palpatine to emerge from the "Final Order" plan. Having survived the series "Return of the Jedi," Palpatine has a fleet of ships with an ample amount of weapons, and he wants his granddaughter Rey to be the leader.
Unfortunately, Palpatine has no faith in Kylo Ren fighting alongside Rey in this battle, so he throws Ben down the shaft. However, Rey obtains the strength of all the Jedi to defeat Palpatine, and Ben returns to resurrect Rey and dies in the process.
Rey adopts the Skywalker name in Tatooine and gazes at the twin suns as the saga ends.
- Leia dies and joins the Force
- Rey is the granddaughter of Palpatine
- Palpatine dies
- Rey adopts Skywalker’s name
- Ben dies
The Star War Trilogy will always be a memorable franchise. Fans will never forget the storyline and will forever pass it on to the next generation.
Because of this, C Larboard has a wide selection of vintage Star War action figures and collectibles to keep the series alive.
We hope that the quick recap of each series above brings a nostalgic and adventurous memory back into your life.
Check out more of C Larboard’s toys, tools, and gear right here.